Tuesday, June 15, 2021

(3) POR FAVOR, LEA POESÍA / PLEASE, READ POETRY - MARY OLIVER




Here is a brief poem by Mary Oliver: 

THE OLD POETS OF CHINA

Wherever I am, the world comes after me.
It offers me its busyness. It does not believe
that I do not want it. Now I understand
why the old poets of China went so far and high
into the mountains, then crept into the pale mist.


Aquí un breve poema de la poeta 
estadunidense Mary Oliver,
traducido al español: 

LOS ANTIGUOS POETAS DE LA CHINA

Dondequiera que estoy, me persigue el mundo.
Me ofrece su barullo. No acepta creer que
yo no lo quiero. Ahora comprendo por qué
los antiguos poetas de la China se alejaban, subiendo muy
alto en las montañas, adentrándose con sigilo en la pálida neblina.

(Trad. de C J.)



No comments:

Post a Comment